Bicycle Taxidermy - Pronghorn (Antilocapra americana) - Juvenile (fawn)
This is a unique taxidermy. We believe it to be of a Juvenile Pronghorn based on the emerging, short spike horns, size of head and the spots on the hide. We think it may have been a female but that is just speculation. It is one of the smallest taxidermies we have prepared but felt the uniqueness warranted preservation. This piece is likely to evoke childhood memories of riding along urban streets or country lanes.
Being in the bicycle restoration business there is no shortage of surplus parts. Bicycle taxidermy is a cool way to keep parts out of the landfill while showing off your paleo-bicycle coolness. A wonderful conversation piece that also speaks to your bicycling addiction and environmental consciousness.
- made from up-cycled bicycle saddle and two vintage 80's "ten speed" brake levers;
- mounted on a beautiful hardwood 5/8" thick plaque and polyurethaned for beauty and protection; a single keyhole hanger is located on the reverse;
- measures 8" (20cm) across and 14" (36cm) top to bottom and 3.5" (9cm) deep;
- new sturdy hardware used in mounting to plaque;
- this taxidermy is vegan;
- this taxidermy is intended for decor only;
Note to Buyer: Bicycle taxidermy is created from used bicycle parts. Each piece is different. Buyers should expect some small chips, scratches, tears and/or rust. Any significant damage to the parts will be noted in the description. Pictures are reflective of the actual condition.