1983 Miyata One Hundred
When I find a Miyata Bicycle my heart skips a beat! These Japanese made bikes are the pinnacle of quality craftsmanship at an affordable price; in boxing terms, "they punch well above their weight class". I am always impressed with the little things (like the bottom bracket protector sleeve, etc.)
This bicycle had one previous owner and was stored inside. It was designed by Miyata as a road bike but this one had mountain handle bars (likely changed at the original bike shop dealer). The modifications made, lowered the gearing (better for hills) but kept the high end for fast riding when desired. This includes a Shimano Altus Meg-Range rear derailleur/Freewheel and a 40T Chain Wheel up front. Thus, the lowest gear will make hill climbing possible and maintains the high (fast) gears at the same time.
The Moustache handle bar is a compromise between a road and mountain bike handle bars. It's comfortable and allows a little more aero ride and snappy handling.
Next year this bike will be 40 years old! With the right care it will see 100! Happy Birthday Miyata One Hundred!!
- Chromoly Triple-Butted Lugged Steel Frame in "Challenge Blue"
- 14 Speed Drive train with 52/42 Crankset and
- Shimano Altus MegaRange Rear Derailleur
- Suntour AR Front Derailleur
- NEW Shimano Tourney 7 Speed Indexed Thumb Shifters
- NEW KMC 7 Speed Chain
- All NEW cables and housing
- NEW Kenda "Kross" Gum Wall 27 x 1 3/8 (37-630) Tires
- Weinman Brake Levers matched to Dia-Compe Alloy Road Brakesbrakes
- Sansin Alloy Hubs laced to ARAYA 27" Alloy Rims
- Comfortable saddle
- NEW Alloy "Moustache" Handle Bar
- NEW Custom Leather Freelander Grips in Blue
- Size: Best for someone around 5'8" or taller
- Click here for Warranty Information
Share this item: